In honor of Valentine’s Day, we have put together a few quotes about love and marriage. Enjoy and tell your spouse you love him or her today!
- “Being the ‘best you can be’ is really only possible when you are deeply connected to another.” – Sue Johnson
- “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our own story is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “People who stay married live four years longer than those who don’t.” – John Gottman
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day…” – The Notebook
- “You know you love someone when you cannot put into words how they make you feel.” – Margaret Mead
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Couples who make relationships work well adopt the motto, “If you’re hurting baby, the world stops, and I listen. I’m with you.” – John Gottman
- “Excitement and fire are not qualities inherent to relationships. They are what happen when two people make marriage the number one priority.” – Michele Weiner-Davis
- “Love is a constant process of tuning in connecting missing and misreading cues disconnecting repairing and finding deeper connection.” – Sue Johnson
- “Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves.” – Brene Brown
What are some of your favorite quotes about love and marriage? We would love to hear them!
Check out Summit Family Therapy in Peoria, IL to learn more about Dr. Courtney Stivers’ professional work.